Sustainability@Moon Gate Villa
September 2018, we became partners to Tourism Industry Aotearoa sustainable tourism program. We are committed to the key four pillars of this amazing program; for economic, visitor, community and environmental sustainability.
Keep an eye on our ‘Moonlighting’ Moon Gate Villa blog for our stories, achievements and progress during 2018 and 2019.
Our Sustainability Principles
- We ensure that we operate our business under sustainable activities and practises.
- Sustainable means that we can continue to provide a consistent level of service with no long term detriment to the environment in which we live, both locally and globally.
- It means the sustainability of practises our staff use providing services.
- It means taking responsibility for knowing, and choosing sustainable options from our suppliers, and encouraging them to ensure the services they provide to us are equally sustainable.
We consider and continually improve sustainability on:
- Resources and services we provide for our guests use
- Goods and services we produce or purchase to run our accommodation business
- Taking responsibility for the impact of our business on our own local environment
- Our contribution to the sustainability of our community
Yes! We welcome drivers of electric vehicles and have a outdoor charge point for overnight topup charging in our guest parking area.
There are two fast charging stations in Kerikeri, the clostest being 2km/3 minutes away in the Kerikeri town centre.