COVID-19: changes to our policies & procedures
We want to provide certainty for guests that wish to stay with us for flexibility in case circumstances change, and to reassure you that we are providing industry best practise in hygiene and sanitising, whilst still allowing our guests to enjoy their stay. Moon Gate Villa is a COVID CLEAN approved, Qualmark gold rated, five star accommodation, and registered with the Travel Industry Aotearoa, and the Bed & Breakfast Association of New Zealand.
All our staff our fully immunised against COVID-19.
- We operate under the guidelines developed by the Bed & Breakfast Association NZ, Holiday Parks NZ, Hospitality NZ, Hotel Council Aotearoa and Tourism Industry Aotearoa.
- There are no cancellation fees for any guests who book direct with us, and need to cancel due to COVID-19 travel restrictions
- All Moon Gate Villa staff are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and we require your COVID passes and photo identification when checking in.
- Guests arriving without their ‘My Vaccine Pass’ will be unable to enter the premises and the full value of the booking will be charged.
- Our servicing and breakfast services have changed to meet Health Ministry best practise.
- Our friendly service, beautiful villa and gardens remain the same!
For details, please read on…
If you need to cancel your reservation
If any New Zealand COVID-19 restrictions change to preclude you from staying at Moon Gate Villa, we will fully refund your deposit (if any) and exempt guests from any cancellation penalties. We understand that there may be other extenuating circumstances, and we will consider those for each booking.
- Note that we cannot exempt standard cancellation policies for bookings made through third party online booking web sites.
We recommend booking directly with us for maximum flexibility and best rates.
Still enjoy our delicious breakfasts
We will offer in-room breakfast including our fresh fruit and cooked breakfast to guests, as on option to breakfast in the villa dining room. Breakfast may be ordered the evening prior, and we’ll deliver to your room in the morning.
Your health & our room servicing
Our high standard room servicing schedule is updated to include extra safety measures. Between our guest stays, and during CORVID-19 alert levels we will:
- Conduct full sanitisation focusing on touchable services for all our guest facilities.
- Update our daily servicing to minimise contact with our guests belongings and room facilities.
- Additional towels and amenities in-room are offered as an option to daily room service.
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- We do not provide accommodation for people who require self isolation.
Do something different! Stay at a five star bed and breakfast and exprience the difference. Allow us to entice you with a summer special – stay for four night and pay for only three. Our high quality breakfasts and service are all included.
Our villa rooms work well for family with up to three children, or two couples travelling together. We can accommodation groups bookings of up to 7 guests in 3 double rooms and 1 king single room.