COVID-19: changes to our policies & procedures
We want to provide certainty for guests that wish to stay with us for flexibility in case circumstances change, and to reassure you that we are providing industry best practise in hygiene and sanitising, whilst still allowing our guests to enjoy their stay. Moon Gate Villa is a COVID CLEAN approved, Qualmark gold rated, five star accommodation, and registered with the Travel Industry Aotearoa, and the Bed & Breakfast Association of New Zealand.
- During ALERT LEVELS 4 & 3 our cottage is available for essential workers – please contact us directly for details
- During ALERT LEVEL 2 we open as normal with extra precautions and our beautiful breakfasts are served on the dining table in your room.
- There are no cancellation fees for any guests who book direct with us, and need to cancel due to COVID-19 or NZ alert levels
- Our servicing and breakfast services have changed to meet Tourism New Zealand and Health Ministry best practise
- Our friendly service, beautiful villa and gardens remain the same!
For details, please read on…
If you need to cancel your reservation
If any New Zealand alert levels change to preclude you from staying at Moon Gate Villa, we will fully refund your deposit (if any) and exempt guests from any cancellation penalties. We understand that there may be other extenuating circumstances, and we will consider those for each booking. Note that we cannot exempt standard cancellation policies for bookings made through third party online booking web sites. We recommend booking directly with us for maximum flexibility and best rates.
Still enjoy our delicious breakfasts
We will offer in-room breakfast including our fresh fruit and cooked breakfast to guests, as on option to breakfast in the villa dining room. Breakfast may be ordered the evening prior, and we’ll deliver to your room in the morning.
Your health & our room servicing
Our high standard room servicing schedule is updated to include extra safety measures. Between our guest stays, and during CORVID-19 alert levels we will:
- Conduct full sanitisation focusing on touchable services for all our guest facilities.
- Allow a full day’s break (24 hours) between bookings in each of our guest rooms.
- Update our daily servicing to minimise contact with our guests belongings and room facilities.
- Additional towels and amenities in-room are offered as an option to daily room service.
- If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
About New Zealand alert levels
New Zealand has established allowed activities for alert levels, based on the state of control of COVID-19 within our communities. We have adjusted policies according to those levels.
Alert levels 4 and 3
- The main house villa rooms are unavailable for guests.
- Our cottage is available for essential workers, and overseas tourists needing to self-isolate at longer term rates. Please contact us directly for details.
Alert level 2
- The main house villa rooms are available for booking, with changes to room servicing. Breakfast will be served to your room. All our rooms have ample space for dining tables.
- Our cottage is available for both nightly guests, but also essential workers requiring longer term stays. Please contact us directly for details.
Alert level 1
All rooms are available for booking. We continue enhanced cleaning., and in-room breakfasts are still on option if preferred.
Living in lockdown
Our blog news covers the impact of Covid-19 on life at Moon Gate Villa.
Stay 2 or more consecutive nights in any of our rooms during June to August 2021, and receive a discounted rate, complimentary drinks on arrival and a generous Matariki antipasta platter for two.
Our villa rooms work well for family with up to three children, or two couples travelling together. We can accommodation groups bookings of up to 7 guests in 3 double rooms and 1 king single room.