Terms and ConditionsImportant things to know
Special conditions apply for guests staying with us under any government restrictions in place in New Zealand due to COVID-19.
1.1 These terms and conditions (Terms) apply to the use of our Moon Gate Villa accommodation Web Site (Web Site) and the online booking services provided through it (Services).
1.2 By accessing or using the Web Site or Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree with these Terms, you must not use the Web Site or Services.
Use of the Web Site and Services
2.1 The Web Site and Services are intended for use by individuals over the age of 18. By using the Web Site or Services, you represent and warrant that you are over 18.
2.2 The Web Site and Services may only be used for lawful purposes. You must not use the Web Site or Services in any way that breaches any laws or regulations or causes harm to any person or property.
2.3 You must not use the Web Site or Services to transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials, or any other form of similar solicitation.
2.4 You must not use the Web Site or Services to impersonate another person or entity or to falsely claim an affiliation with any person or entity.
2.5 You must not use the Web Site or Services to publish or disseminate any content that is harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
2.6 You must not use the Web Site or Services to publish or disseminate any content that is in violation of any copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights.
3.1 The Web Site and Services may be unavailable from time to time due to maintenance or other reasons. We will make reasonable efforts to keep the Web Site and Services available, but we do not guarantee that the Web Site or Services will always be available.
Booking and Payment
4.1 You must provide current and valid credit card details to secure a reservation. Unless otherwise specified on the Web Site we do not require payment until your stay. Please see the Payment, Arrival and Check-in below for details.
4.2 You must provide accurate and complete personal and payment information when making a booking.
4.3 We reserve the right to cancel any booking if we are unable to verify or process your payment information.
5.1 We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss, or injury suffered by any person as a result of using the Web Site or Services, except as required by law.
5.2 Whilst we do our best to ensure the accuracy of the information provided, we do not accept any liability for any damage, loss, or injury suffered by any person as a result of any errors or omissions on the Web Site or in any information provided through the Services.
6.1 These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand.
7.1 If you have any questions or concerns about these Terms or the Web Site or Services, please contact us at the contact details provided in contact details below.
7.2 By using the Web Site or Services, you acknowledge that you have read and understand these Terms, and that you agree to be bound by them.
7.3 We reserve the right to make changes to these terms and conditions at any time. Your continued use of the Website following any changes indicates your acceptance of the new terms.
Payment, Arrival and Check-in
Reservations and Payment
A current credit card number with expiry date is required to confirm a reservation. No charge will be placed on the credit card until check-out.
MasterCard, Visa, American Express, EFTPOS, cash and bank transfers are accepted as methods of payment.
A 2% surcharge applies to American Express cards.
All tariffs are quoted in New Zealand dollars and include 15% government Goods and Service Tax. Any other currency quoted is for comparison only. You should check with your bank for current exchange rates.
Check-in and Check-out
Arrival and Check-in: from 3:00 pm until 8 pm.
We try and accommodate earlier check-in times when requested, however please be aware that our room servicing times are up until 2pm daily. We may have limited flexibility on weekends and during the busy summer months.
- If you arrive earlier, may we suggest you try one of our local wineries for a relaxing lunch!
- Please advise us if you will arriving later than 8pm.
Check-out: by 11:00 am
- We are happy to mind your luggage if arriving early, or departing late in the day by air. If possible, please let us know when booking.
Guaranteed early check-in / late check-out
We understand that you sometimes need early access to your room to prepare for a special occassion, or perhaps relax in the afternoon prior to catching a late afternoon flight. Subject to availability we offer guaranteed early check-in or late check-out at 50% of the daily rate. This must be arranged prior to arrival.
Airport or coach transfers
Complimentary transfers from Bay of Islands airport (KKE) or coach stop are available in conjunction with our check-in time of 3pm to 8pm. Unfortunately we cannot offer this for arrivals earlier than 11am.
The well-being and comfort of all guests is important to us. We have a non-smoking policy that applies to all interior rooms of the villa and cottage. We encourage our smoking guests to share the aromas of their fine tobacco with the great outdoors while they relax in designated areas in the garden.
Cancellations and changes to your reservation made direct or through our web site
Moon Gate Villa is a small boutique accommodation business, and cancellations affect us greatly. We appreciate that unexpected events occur, however late cancellations exclude others unnecessarily and affects us significantly.
- We require 7 days’ notice of cancellation or a reduction of your reservation prior to your check in date.
- Cancellations in the 7 day period will incur 30% of the total fee.
- Cancellations within 3 days prior to your check in date or less will incur 100% of the total fee.
- We will try and re-book your reservation, and if successful will waive your cancellation fee for any nights re-booked.
Cancellation or requests to change your reservation should be made in writing, or via the email address used for the original reservation, and must be received 7 dates prior to your check-in date to avoid cancellation fees.
Cancellations and changes to your reservation made through third party agents, including online booking web sites
Cancellation details may vary. Please check with details provided to you, by your agent or online booking company when booking. Note that we are limited in our flexibility with these bookings.
We highly recommend and encourage guests to take out comprehensive travel insurance to protect against unexpected changes to your itinerary, so that you can relax on your journey.
Children and pets
Children over the age of 14 are welcome to stay at Moon Gate Villa and are included in occupancy. Children from 6 years and older are welcome when a family book both villa rooms. (Conditions apply). For family bookings, please see our ‘Whole of Villa’ page.
We suggest that our extensive ponds and water features are not suitable for curious young toddlers under 6 years.
Pets and guest pets
We have two, small friendly dogs. They are not permitted into guest rooms.
We allow guests with well trained pets to stay in our summer cottage on the condition that they are under control at all times, and our guests take responsibility for dog litter. Please contact us before booking; you can read more details on our Staying with Pets page.
Sorry, but we do not permit other pets in the main Villa rooms (Writer’s Retreat & Cupid’s Curl).
Food, Diet and allergies
Food & diet
Breakfast is included in all our rates. We try to accommodate medical dietary restrictions where possible. If you have specific requirements, please let us know when you make your reservation at Moon Gate Villa, so we are prepared on your arrival.
Unfortunately we are not able to provide facilities for in-house Villa guests to cook their own food, however The Cottage has a separate kitchenette for cooking light meals.
Guest should be aware that small dogs live on the property. Whilst they are not permitted in guest rooms, they do live in and around the house and gardens
We suggest that people with severe animal allergies consider alternative accommodation.
Moon Gate Villa is located in a semi-rural envrionment. During warmer months, guests should ensure they have appropriate protection against biting insects.
Some of our rooms and facilities are accessible for guests with limited mobility. Unfortunately some of our door widths and steps limit movement for people using wheel chairs. We advise you to review our property and room details below, and contact us for further information.
Main gardens, grounds and villa
- Our gardens and grounds are mostly level and easy to walk around. Two of the swimming pool gates have level access.
- Car parking is a very short walk to the front door, and guests may be dropped off directly at the main entry before parking.
- The villa front entrance has four wide 12 cm steps, and while the villa bedrooms are on a single level, there are are two 15 cm steps down into the guest lounge and dining room areas. Guests have level access to these areas via wide doorways to the outside terrace from the villa bedrooms, which is feasible during the warmer months.
- All villa internal bedroom doors are a standard .8 meter wide.
The Writer’s Retreat Suite
- This suite has a full size bathroom and an extra shower seat is offered on request.
- The shower has level access with a 3 cm lip, and is 1 meter by 90 cm.
- There is level access to the terrace and gardens outside the room. The access gateway to the pool has one step.
Cupid’s Curl Suite
- This suite has an en-suite bathroom and an extra shower seat is offered on request.
- The shower has level access with a 3 cm lip, and is 1 meter by 90 cm.
- There is level access to the terrace and gardens outside the room. The access gateway to the pool is level, on a slight incline.
The Orchard Cottage
- A car park is provided adjacent to the entrance. There are 2 wooden steps up to the entrance porch, and from the rear veranda into the gardens.
- The cottage has a medium size bathroom and an extra shower seat is offered on request.
- The shower has a 10 cm rim, and is a quarter circle design, with a 90 cm radius.
- Pool access level via a walk across the villa lawns.
Please use our contact form for further information.