Policies and ConditionsImportant things to know
Reservations and Payment
A current credit card number with expiry date is required to confirm a reservation. No charge will be placed on the credit card until check-out.
A 2% surcharge applies to American Express cards.
All tariffs are quoted in New Zealand dollars and include 15% government Goods and Service Tax.
Check-in and Check-out
Arrival and Check-in: from 3:00 pm until 8 pm.
We try and accommodate earlier check-in times when requested, however please be aware that our room servicing times are up until 2pm daily. We may have limited flexibility on weekends and during the busy summer months.
- If you arrive earlier, may we suggest you try one of our local wineries for a relaxing lunch!
- Please advise us if you will arriving later than 8pm.
Please Note: we can only guarantee early access to a room before 3pm if the evening prior is booked.
Check-out: by 11:00 am.
- We are happy to mind your luggage if arriving early, or departing late in the day by air. If possible, please let us know when booking.
Airport or coach transfers
We offer a complimentary transfer service from Bay of Islands airport (KKE) or coach stop in conjunction with our check-in time of 3pm to 8pm. Unfortunately we cannot offer this for arrivals earlier than 11am.
The well-being and comfort of all guests is important to us, therefore we have a non-smoking policy that applies to all interior rooms of the villa and cottage. We encourage our smoking guests to share the aromas of their fine tobacco with the great outdoors while they relax in the garden, in designated areas.
Cancellations and changes to your reservation
Moon Gate Villa is a small boutique accommodation business, and cancellations affect us greatly. We appreciate that unexpected events occur, however late cancellations exclude others unnecessarily and affects us significantly.
- We require 7 days’ notice of cancellation or a reduction of your reservation.
- Cancellations within the 7 day period will incur a 30% fee.
- Cancellations within 3 days or less will incur 100% of the total fee.
- We will try and re-book your reservation, and if successful will waive your cancellation fees.
We highly recommend and encourage guests to take out comprehensive travel insurance to protect yourselves against unexpected changes to your itinerary, so that you can relax on your journey.
Children over the age of 14 are welcome to stay at Moon Gate Villa and are included in occupancy. We regret that we only accept bookings with younger children when the Villa is booked for ‘exclusive use’. (Conditions apply). Please see our ‘Whole of Villa’ page.
We suggest that our extensive ponds and water features are not suitable for curious young toddlers.
Pets and guest pets
We have a very friendly small dog and cat in residence. They are not permitted into guest rooms.
We allow guests with small dogs up to 10kg to stay in our summer cottage on the condition that they are under control at all times, and our guests take responsibility for dog litter. Please contact us before booking.
Sorry, but we do not permit other pets in the main Villa rooms (Premium & Deluxe).
Food & diet
Breakfast is included in all our rates. We try to accommodate medical dietary restrictions where possible. If you have specific requirements, please let us know when you make your reservation at Moon Gate Villa, so we are prepared on your arrival.
Unfortunately we are not able to provide facilities for in-house Villa guests to cook their own food, however The Cottage has a separate kitchenette for cooking light meals.
Guest should be aware that a small dog and cat live on the property. Whilst they are not permitted in guest rooms, they do live in and around the house and gardens
We suggest that people with severe animal allergies consider alternative accommodation.
Moon Gate Villa is located in a semi-rural envrionment. During warmer months, guests should ensure they have appropriate protection against biting insects.
September 2018, we became partners to Tourism Industry Aotearoa sustainable tourism program. We are committed to the key four pillars of this amazing program; for economic, visitor, community and environmental sustainability.
Our Sustainability Principles
- We ensure that we operate our business under sustainable activities and practises.
- Sustainable means that we can continue to provide a consistent level of service with no long term detriment to the environment in which we live, both locally and globally.
- It means the sustainability of practises our staff use providing services.
- It means taking responsibility for knowing, and choosing sustainable options from our suppliers, and encouraging them to ensure the services they provide to us are equally sustainable.
We consider and continually improve sustainability on:
- Resources and services we provide for our guests use
- Goods and services we produce or purchase to run our accommodation business
- Taking responsibility for the impact of our business on our own local environment
- Our contribution to the sustainability of our community